Sunday, October 23, 2011

I finally sanded the bulk of the flooring last and this weekend.  After sanding, I planed both sides - then over to the table saw to remove the tongue & grooves that's not needed (and has lots of what I would call schmutz on it).  


It cleans up nicely and is really beautiful.  The smell is the same as construction lumber which reminds me of something a little sweet & sour mixed with something musty.  Definteily difficult to describe.    




After that I needed to start making a jig for a modified box cut.  Of course even though I seemingly have tons of odds & ends for hardware, I lacked a thick enough bolt, so I'll need a trip to the hardware store to complete that.  

So not huge progress, but getting there little by little.


Beginning of a jig...

No comments:

Post a Comment